Friday, April 6, 2012

Life is Worth Living

I am terminally ill with a lung disorder.  I am on oxygen 24 hours a day. Due to doctors orders I am not allowed to drive.  I need to use a wheel chair to get from my condo to the parking lot when I get picked up by my sister or brother to go to the doctors. I have been in and out of hospitals at least ten times in the past years.
Sometimes I wonder why God keeps me alive.

And then Spring arrives.
The trees bloom, the bushes flower, birds return and the beauty that is Americana Finnmark shines through.
I stand on my balcony and  look over the vast lush greenery that is Finnmark. I feel like a wealthy landowner standing on his plantation balcony- the air smells sweet, the cool breeze makes my breathing less labored- it is indeed a beautiful sight.

But there is one more magical  thing- baseball- I am a Baltimore Oriole and New York Yankee fan- I have many fond memories of Memorial Stadium-I have never  been to a Yankee game- but there is something about them I love- but nothing compares to the magic that is Orioles Magic.

They may have one of the worst records in baseball, but when they play there is magic- and it give me one more reason to be grateful that I am still alive.

2 comments:

Susan W. said...

Hi Bob,
I'm sorry about your medical condition--that's no fun at all.
But I am in complete agreement with your second paragraph about the joys of spring at AF. Our landscaping is so nice, and I love not having to take care of it myself!

Debbie said...

Hi Bob,

It was so nice meeting you the other day and talking with you, I have heard nothing but good things that you have done for AF. The community is very lucky to have you living in the community.
Sorry to hear about your medical condition and I know what your are going through. You see, my husband has the same medical conditions as you.