Monday, February 1, 2010

Fuse boxes-40 years old time for a change

A couple of weeks ago, as I attempted to roast a chicken my oven kicked off.
I tried to turn it on again and it would not kick on.
The electronic ignition just did not seem to have enough power.
I checked the fuse , it did not look right.
I thought maybe the fuse was loose- went to turn it and burned my fingers.
It was very hot.
Using a paper towel, I managed to remove the fuse.
The socket was corroded and full of metal fragments.
Needless to say I did not put the fuse back.
I checked a few other fuse sockets and found similar conditions.

It was time for a change-
I checked out a few electric companies, found one I liked and had the work done.
There was some extra work that had to be done- but I was not charged for it.
Their motto is "your never pay more than the original estimate.
if we need more time or more work we will not charge you."

I am quite happy with the work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am at one of the garden style units and our power went out tonight in all but the kitchen. I feel like there are two circuit breakers but I can't find the other one beside the one in the kitchen. Where I'd the other on? And If there isn't another one what is the problem?

Unknown said...

What's up